Starting Point: Espanola, ON
End Point: Miller Lake, ON
Mileage: 136km
Weather: Started out cloudy this morning, but sunny and warm through the afternoon!
Accommodations: Staying happily for three nights now at Dad and Leslie's home on Brinkman's Road!
As far as road travel goes, today was a not overly taxing at all, with just a short (but stunning!) drive from Espanola to the ferry at South Baymouth and then a very short jaunt after the ferry ride to our final stop of this leg of the trip. The ferry ride from South Baymouth to Tobermory was beautiful, clear and sunny. The ferry was not overly crowded and we found lots of places to sit, both inside and outside, that allowed us to enjoy the beautiful views around us.
We have had a lovely afternoon sitting in the sun in Miller Lake, making the reacquaintance of Crab the dog and Cooper the cat, getting caught up with Dad and Leslie and enjoying the beautiful peace and quiet around us.
The big adventure of today was an encounter that I had with local wildlife in the front yard. This local wildlife was of the long, slithery and rattle-y variety. I came quite close to stepping on him and he didn't take kindly to that, which caused me to shriek in an unladylike fashion and flee the scene. Once I had regained my composure, we gathered to take a closer look at him and I did manage to get some good pictures, which I will post here. One meet-up with a rattlesnake is enough for me for this lifetime; I can tell you that.
Golf tomorrow at Cobble Beach in Owen Sound!
No comments:
Post a Comment