Friday, July 08, 2011

Day 9

Starting Point: Miller Lake, ON
Ending Point: Ottawa, ON
Mileage: 665 km
Weather: Slightly cloudy this morning and then sunny through the afternoon.  And now, we are having a storm!
Accommodations: This is the first of our six nights on Fielding Court in Ottawa

We spent most of today on the road driving from Miller Lake to Ottawa for our stay with John's parents.  We encountered a fair amount of traffic on the way - lots of people heading to their cottages in Muskoka for the weekend - and our share of construction too, but other than that, the drive was uneventful.

We stopped for lunch to visit my Uncle Doug and Aunt Beth, who were at the familial cottage in Lake of Bays.  I don't remember ever being at the cottage before though I'm told that I was when I was very wee.  It was great to see all of the family history around us and we had the additional joy of meeting my cousin Jenny's two little girls, who were friendly and charming.

We arrived in Ottawa in time for supper! Great to start getting caught up with Jim, Peggy, Jennifer, Andrew and the three girls, who are growing faster than can be imagined!

Quotes from dinner:
"Let's see how long I can not say anything... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... How long is a second?"
"I can lick my own armpit... LOOK!"

No comments: